We're 80% done with the class!!!
- Tech demo... (TBA)
Some questions/issues to consider while discussing the readings
- (Under Construction) Would/Does teaching for
aesthetic understanding foster misconceptions about Science?
- (Aardvarks) What motivational strategies do you
currently use in your classroom that mirror Brophy's principles?
- (Count-esses) In the Girod article, what did
you think of the two instructional methods used by the teachers. Which
did you find most effective and why?
- (Adult Learners) Why is it important for teachers
to maintain their own motivation? What do you do to maintain motivation
and a positive attitude? What motivates you? How
can we help students learn to maintain their own motivation?
- (Green Beaners) In Girod's piece, which teaching
style do you see as more effective in terms of student motivation and
Zeichner, K., Liston, D. (1996).
Understanding reflective teaching. In Reflective Teaching: An Introduction
(pp. 1-7). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
Duckworth, E. (1996). Teaching
as research. In The Having of Wonderful Ideas and other essays on
teaching and learning (pp. 122- 141). New York: Teachers College