Here are some ideas to make life a little bit easier
for the next iVideo:
1) Dump all uneccesary files off your hard drive
2) Clear all files from your last iVideo project
3) Use Premiere's preferences to set capture, preview,
and temp folders for your project
4) Divide and conquer - Complicated scenes in your
movie can be rendered, and put back to tape, then recaptured.
The result is one file (instead of many) and less space taken
up. Also, this allows different people to work on different machines.
5) Only capture what you need. Sometimes, you capture
a full minute of video, but only end up using 10 seconds of it.
Delete the 1 mintute clip, and recapture the 10 seconds that you
6) Try dumping to tape every now and then to see
that it's working
7) Check your volume settings. Some of the first
iVideos suffered from distortion (volume too high in parts)
8) When dumping to tape, use the features to put
black or color bars before your video (so it is separated on the
tape from your other work).